Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
We are looking to bring on a Rights and Clearances Manager who will manage the rights and clearances process, the review of production-related IP deliverables and protection of the company’s intellectual property portfolio. The RCM works directly with staff and management in the Business and Legal Affairs group, production teams (both internal and external), vendors, services providers and rights-holders to secure and document IP rights with for the Company’s content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review content to spot clearance and/or compliance issues.
- Negotiate and document necessary rights to assets - including but not limited to video clips, images, and music.
- Verify that production teams have secured location agreements, materials releases and talent agreements and that all production documents are uploaded to the deliverables wrap drive for the program.
- Identify inconsistencies and/or potential concerns in production agreements for management and resolution.
- Maintain and update programming rights database - input and update rights-restrictions and summarize information for distribution team. House/archive all underlying paperwork.
- Develop and maintain a highly organized tracking report that will capture the status of all pending agreements
- Evaluate and promptly respond to external clearance inquiries from production companies as needed.
- Work with constituent departments to create asset libraries.
- Ability to communicate clearly with production teams and external rights holders.
- Ability to multitask and work under time sensitive constraints.
- Significant knowledge of Intellectual Property rights including music rights.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.