Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced Social Media Editor, Sneakers to join the team! The ideal candidate for this role will be familiar with Sole Collector, Full Size Run, Sneaker Shopping, etc, and a subject matter expert in all things sneakers, with a strong understanding of culture and it's place in the social media landscape. This person will be working directly with the fast paced editorial team, the Social Media Editor will be in charge of creating and managing social media content, building internal and external partnerships/relationships, and amplifying the quality content the team produces.
- Create content and engage with the community across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
- Work closely with weekend editor and social media editor to ensure consistent and timely coverage of the day’s biggest news stories and cultural moments
- Work closely with the editorial team to ensure promotion of key content
- Manage, monitor and report on social media trends and updates
- Identify and pitch stories to the editorial team
- Develop an audience, voice, and unique social strategy across our platforms
- Oversee the development of emerging social platforms
- 2-3 + years of experience in the digital media environment
- Well organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge in the fields of sneakers, sports and pop culture
- Innovative and creative with using social media to engage with an audience of sneaker enthusiasts
- Resourceful with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines within a fast paced environment.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.