ComplexCon is an expertly curated convention and festival bringing the world of Complex to life. The groundbreaking festival and exhibition that brings together pop culture, music, art, food, style, sports, innovation, activism, and education. The minds behind Complex collaborate with Creative Directors such as Pharrell Williams and the legendary artist Takashi Murakami to imagine a place where creators, curators and YOU converge to celebrate and shape our culture.
Complex is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Creative Director, Events to work across multiple cross-media and experiential projects supporting ComplexCon, our successful live event franchise.
- Lead event creative experience and conceptual packaging to include tone & taste of event.
- Lead floor visuals, promotions and merchandise.
- Work with entire event team to author a cohesive strategy and uphold consistent creative language.
- The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual with a deep love of event design and branded “IRL” advertiser activations.
- Being a fan of the music, style and culture that Complex celebrates is a great asset.
- Responsible for creating pre-visualization mock ups, design tests and pitches
- The Creative Director would work collaboratively with all event stakeholders.
- He/she will execute the vision established by our Complex brand Co-Creative Directors and help fulfill the creative, editorial and business goals of the event(s). This would include, but not be limited to, designing identities for new attractions, experiences, panels and show franchises.
- Ideal candidates are comfortable leading diverse media projects, initiating conversations between departments and moving quickly.
- Candidate will be involved in both the design of the off-line physical event itself, as well as the online marketing, commerce and packaging of the event.
- Partner with Account and Strategy leads on initiatives from pre-brief stage through execution. Will work with reps for event stakeholders in curating the theme and tone of ComplexCon (Example: Takashi Murakami).
- Candidates should have at least 8-10+ years of experience with exposure to graphic design, motion, commerce and merch marketing.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experiential and event design
- Must be capable of producing effective conceptual solutions under strict time, resource and budgetary parameters.
- Focus on creating “IRL” expressions of the Complex brand
- Conceive and execute look & feel for event materials and messaging
- Ability to collaborate with others and thrive in a pressurized environment
- Mastery of pitch and deck tools such as Apple Keynote
- Excellent verbal, presentation and public speaking skills
- Understanding of event ticketing funnels, acquisition and marketing processes
- Understanding of work flows for event graphics as well as sets and scenics
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.