Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced Director of Public Relations to be a central leader in the company. This position requires 6+ years of experience with a high degree of professional accomplishment, proven management skills and creative abilities. The Public Relations Director role is a crucial role within the organization. In this role, you are a primary representation of the company’s team and brand image. Therefore, you must be highly attuned to the needs of the organization.
- Serves as lead on high-profile projects, including tentpole events and marquee, non-scripted
- Brings to the role strong relationships with a wide range of media (consumer/trade, etc.)
- Crafts key talking points; oversees internal and external messaging around projects
- Creates press strategies for key series across all three brands
- Manages junior staff on select projects
- Manages 3 rd party agency
- Understands and promotes brand messaging in pitches/stories
- Explores and executes trade media opportunities surrounding show assignments (e.g.
greenlights, renewals, etc.)
- Leads ratings release efforts on assigned projects
- Creates and edits press materials for respective series; edits copy from junior staff
- Working experience with crisis communications
- Identifies/executes key speaking opportunities for executives through panels/speaking
engagements and industry “top executive” lists
- Oversees awards campaigns
- Bachelor's Degree Required with a minimum of 6+ years of experience in entertainment
- Experience mentoring junior level staff
- Experience managing an agency
- Excellent writing skills
- Team player who works collaboratively among the group and with internal executives and
- Ability to work under tight deadlines across multiple projects
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.