ComplexCon is an expertly curated convention and festival bringing the world of Complex to life. The groundbreaking festival and exhibition that brings together pop culture, music, art, food, style, sports, innovation, activism, and education. The minds behind Complex collaborate with Creative Directors such as Pharrell Williams and the legendary artist Takashi Murakami to imagine a place where creators, curators and YOU converge to celebrate and shape our culture.
Complex is looking for a highly motivated and proactive Director of Operations, Events to join the ComplexCon team. This individual will work closely with the Executive Producer to create and implement an operational system to support the overall success of ComplexCon.
- Oversee event budget preparation, forecasts, and final cost reports for all aspects of ComplexCon
- Ensure optimal service and cost efficiency in the development and implementation of operating plans, systems, and procedures
- Create an environment of continual improvement and inspired employee morale by effectively managing staff and providing direction/delegating tasks to ensure a positive work and fan experience
- Work closely with Complex’s third-party partner to ensure the recruitment for staffing, hiring and training for ComplexCon runs smoothly
- Ensure all event vendor and event staff are performing up to Complex's high standards
- Develop and execute event staff and vendor briefing plans
- Work with police and fire department agencies to develop and approve their event plans
- Proven ability to manage efficient ingress and egress operations at large-scale events or music festivals
- 5+ years’ experience in live event staffing and team management
- Proven ability to develop and execute staff training sessions
- Proficient in budgeting, reconciling and analyzing event operations excel spreadsheets
ABOUT COMPLEX NETWORKS
Complex develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. Complex cultivates content that spans popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, it successfully hosted its second “ComplexCon” event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.