ComplexCon is an expertly curated convention and festival bringing the world of Complex to life. The groundbreaking festival and exhibition that brings together pop culture, music, art, food, style, sports, innovation, activism, and education. The minds behind Complex collaborate with Creative Directors such as Pharrell Williams and the legendary artist Takashi Murakami to imagine a place where creators, curators and YOU converge to celebrate and shape our culture.
Complex is looking for a highly motivated Art Director, Events to work across multiple cross-media and experiential projects supporting ComplexCon, our successful live event franchise.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual with a deep love of event design and branded “IRL” advertiser activations. Candidates should have at least 5-8 years of experience with exposure to graphic design, motion, commerce and merch marketing. Being a fan of the music, style and culture that Complex celebrates is a great asset.
- The Art Director would work collaboratively with all event stakeholders. He/she would execute the vision established by our Complex Co-Creative Directors and help fulfill the creative, editorial and business goals of the event(s). This would include, but not be limited to, designing identities for new attractions, experiences, panels and show franchises.
- Ideal candidates are comfortable leading diverse media projects, initiating conversations between departments and moving quickly.
- Candidate must be capable of producing effective design solutions under strict time, resource and budgetary parameters.
- Candidate will be involved in both the design of the off-line physical event itself, as well as the online marketing, commerce and packaging of the event. Will work with reps for event ambassadors, collaborators and hosts in curating the theme and tone of ComplexCon (Example: Takashi Murakami).
- Minimum 5-8 years of experiential and event design
- Focus on branding and packaging of “IRL” expressions of the Complex brand
- Responsible for creating pre-visualization mock ups, design tests and pitches
- Conceive and execute look & feel for event materials and messaging
- Demonstrate a premium, stylish approach to typography and layout
- Must be resourceful and able to balance the needs of multiple projects efficiently
- Ability to collaborate with others and thrive in a pressurized environment
- Mastery of Adobe creative suite Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D is a plus
- Understanding of event ticketing funnels, acquisition and marketing processes
- Understanding of work flows for event graphics as well as sets and scenics
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.