Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex is looking for a highly motivated Senior Designer to work across a range of projects in online video, IP packaging, branding, merchandise, live events and general graphic design. Our ideal candidate is a highly creative individual with a deep love of design and range of experience. Senior Designer candidates should have at least 6 years of experience in branding, design for motion, and marketing. Being a fan of the music, style, and the culture that Complex celebrates is a great asset. We are looking for an individual who is an idea generating powerhouse with skillful executional chops. The candidate must be a self-starter, possessing a genuine curiosity and hunger for creative problem solving and communication.
- The Senior Designer will work collaboratively with the design and video teams under the Creative Directors to create identities for new series, update existing franchises, and initiate explorations for future projects.
- Focus on identity, branding, and packaging for video content.
- Responsible for creating brand guidelines, templates, and guiding marketing materials.
- Must be able to conceive and execute look and feel for show identities.
- Must be able to design for a motion graphics workflow.
- Ideal candidates are comfortable leading projects, initiating conversations between departments, and moving quickly.
- Imaginative, resourceful and able to handle multiple projects quickly and efficiently.
- Collaborate with others and thrive under pressure.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in design at an agency, commercial, or network level.
- Experience with Apple Keynote for creating pitches and presentations is a plus.
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere, Cinema 4D is a plus.
- Mastery of Adobe creative suite – Illustrator, Photoshop – is a must.
- Candidates must demonstrate a refined, stylish approach to typography and layout.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.