Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced, motivated, and sales-driven Account Director to join our San Francisco Brand Partnerships team. You will be a part of a top-notch sales team, selling integrated marketing programs across desktop, mobile, video, and branded content. This solution-oriented individual will be responsible for creating partnerships across multiple brands and initiatives while maximizing revenue.
This role is based in Los Angeles and covers San Francisco territory. You will focus on clients within the CPG and Fashion industry. We are ideally seeking candidates with experience building relationships within these industries.
- As an Account Director, you will be responsible for nurturing established territories while also having the opportunity to sell and develop untapped regions.
- The ideal candidate is creative, ambitious, organized and is great at identifying and closing business across specific categories – MUST HAVE experience selling digital content and big ideas.
- Meet or exceed revenue goals on monthly/quarterly/annual basis across digital, mobile, video, branded content. and programmatic.
- Build existing account relationships while prospecting and developing new accounts
- Schedule and execute at least 10 face-to-face meetings a week including lunches, dinners, and client entertaining.
- Act as a liaison between Complex and advertiser on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, advertorials, events, social and mobile promotions.
- Gather market and advertiser information through competitive websites as well as trade journals.
- Keep abreast of forthcoming marketing and editorial developments and special promotions to communicate with advertiser base.
- Prepare weekly sales reports.
- 3+ years of media sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quotas
- A bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional client relationship and communication skills
- Campaign management experience
- “Win-Win” attitude with a hunger to meet and exceed goals
- Desire to work in fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong Microsoft (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skillset
Complex Networks is the perfect environment for team players with a passion for never-been-done-before programs, branded content creation, building custom ad units and developing long-term partnerships. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing brand and team while earning a very competitive compensation.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.