Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced Senior Videographer Lead/ Director of Photography to help direct branded content videos. As part of a team, you will collaborate with various departments (sales, research, experiences, and corporate) to deliver best-in-market integrated video programs.
- Help direct branded content videos overseeing the video campaigns in a variety of ways including, but not limited to: Directing and DPing video projects
- The Senior Videographer Lead/ Director of Photography will be responsible for leading the art direction for video projects, write scripts, campaign assignments, and creating/overseeing production scheduling
- Creative ideas for video and social led video executions
- Ability to work across all formats and digital platforms - IG story, IG posts, Snapchat, Social cut downs, in new and interesting ways
- Always ready with ideas on how to grow and engage audiences with new ideas
- You are comfortable and vocal in pre-sale team content brainstorms as well as post-sale content creation across a broad spectrum of Complex channels that come to life in video, social, mobile and/or event touch-points that meet client objectives and drive revenue
- You should have a rolodex of trusted production partners and freelancers with diverse expertise ready to tap into for any type of branded content video and 360 degree campaign project
- As the Senior Videographer Lead/ Director of Photography, you will conceptualize web series/show/hosted or un-hosted ideas, as well as, documentary style or narrative driven
- Knowledgable in using or directing--partial or entirely--in animation in a variety of ways instead of using digital or film.
- Have experience brining key people together across teams to fulfill all parts of a video campaign (ie designers, social, photographer, etc.)
- Will work nimbly with a small hard costs budget ($15k) as well as large ($150k+)
- Oversee Productions from start to finish to include: Preproduction with Clients and Production companies • Extensive use of a variety of cameras, sliders, jibs, and shoulder rigs • On-set lighting, audio recording, timelapse photography • Video editing, motion graphics, sound design
- Collaborating on production needs to elevate overall creative
- Partner with production for crew sourcing and hiring
- Minimum of 6 years as a video director/DP with major brands in your portfolio
- Technical Proficiencies: Adobe Premiere, ProTools, Final Cut Pro X, AVID, Sony FS7, Red Epic, Color Correction, Sound Mixing
- Knowledge and understanding of After Effects
- Ability to come up with unscripted as well as scripted formats
- Great design taste for videos and how graphics improve the quality of videos
- Must have Design led and motion graphics in videos (portfolio)
- Ideal personality will work well with high-level talent; understanding the type of questions to ask to get great responses
- Ability to think of ideas quickly in a fast pace environment
- Familiarity with the Complex brand and our audience
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.