Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced Art Director to oversee the creation of content for our Snapchat Discover platform. The ideal candidate is innovative, fast, and constantly seeking ways to reshape the boundaries of how content is developed and presented. The Art Director will work closely with a team of motion graphics designers, editors, animators, and videographers and collaborate with an Editor-In-Chief to create highly dynamic and compelling daily Snapchat editions.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure topical content is formatted for daily Snapchat Discover editions.
- Contribute instrumentally in building a team of artists and designers that can produce a stunning daily edition that uses both content from Complex.com and original visuals exclusive to Snapchat.
- Delegate and manage a small creative unit, ensuring that individual strengths are exploited to produce an unstoppable team.
- Provide clear art/design direction and support to the creative team on all projects.
- Introduce innovative ways to visualize the content in weekly meetings with the Snapchat Editorial Team.
- Create and evolve an organization system to efficiently plan out future content and editions.
- Demonstrate project management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and workflow.
- Stay on the pulse of visual trends happening on Snapchat amongst the audience and our competitors, constantly innovating on our visual approach.
- Minimum 2- 4 years experience as an Art Director focusing on graphic design and/or motion experience in an established digital or online media publication or agency
- Demonstrated balance of typography, illustration and layout skills at a high level
- Thorough understanding of social media and mobile experiences
- Strong ability to lead and be heard.
- Able to give and receive critical feedback and collaborate in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of hip-hop, music, pop culture, and MUST know the Complex brand
- Strong verbal, organizational and problem-solving skills and extremely detail oriented
- Deep knowledge of and hands-on familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Products (Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere are a must) Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Past experience producing visual content for culture, media, new, entertainment is a plus.
- Motion experience is a plus
- Keynote and/or Powerpoint a plus
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.