Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks an experienced Social Editor, Music to join the team! The ideal candidate for this role will be familiar with Pigeons & Planes, a subject matter expert in all things music, with a strong understanding of culture and it's place in the social media landscape.
- Manage the day-to-day on key social media accounts for Pigeons and Planes and assisting with maintenance for Complex Music
- Collaborate with editorial, art, and video teams on creating original content for our social platforms
- Live tweet major events
- Stay on the pulse of trending artists, emerging artists and music history
- Identify and pitch stories to the editorial team
- Develop an audience, voice, and unique social strategy across our platforms
- Oversee the development of emerging social platforms
- At least 2 years of experience with writing, editing, and/or professional social media engagement
- A firm grasp of hip-hop and pop culture trends and how they intersect
- Fluency in social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and more
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- It is absolutely necessary to understand the Pigeons and Planes brand and tone
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.