Complex Networks is a global lifestyle brand and Media Company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube.
We are seeking a Director of Facilities & Operations to join our NYC-based G& A team.
The Director of Facilities & Operations will be responsible for driving the planning, leasing, designing, building and maintenance of the company’s offices. This position reports directly to the VP of HR & Operations and will work with executives and staff across the organization, along with various contractors, landlords and vendors to ensure smooth operation of multiple facilities. This is a highly visible leadership role with a focus on customer service and attention to detail. The role requires exceptional project management, collaborative, and leadership abilities.
- Main POC for landlords/property management, Verizon facilities, architects, contractors, designers and major service vendors
- Source, negotiate and manage service contracts for all contractors and facilities vendors for all Complex offices
- Working in collaboration with VP of HR and CFO on the scouting, leases negotiations, and moving logistics for new offices space
- Manage work order systems in tandem with property management for NY, Chicago, SF offices, and BH when necessary
- Manage all invoicing for operational and facilities vendors, company-wide
- Regularly audit and monitor operational expenditures, break-out accordingly per department, and report to Finance
- Mentor and manage the NY and LA office managers, provide senior oversight into day-to-day office management
- Regularly source new operational and facilities vendors, to reduce ops expenditures company-wide
- Oversee Fire Safety team, host safety meetings bi-annually, and develop/implement emergency evacuation protocol
- Develop and implement procedures and protocol for regularly evaluating the NY office, from a Facilities perspective, to ensure the space is prime
- Sourcing and regular implementation of the snack/breakfast program in NY
- 5+ years experience in an executive Facilities Management or Property Management role leading project teams or direct reports globally.
- Strong working knowledge of workplace, strategic space planning, furniture systems, shipping & receiving, and project support
- Proven leadership and vision in managing facilities, projects and staff
- Problem solver with ability to organize multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Ability to make strategic decisions and implement innovative ideas in a fast paced and complex environment