Complex Networks is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. We are seeking a Freelance Talent Relations Manager to join the Talent Relations team.
The Freelance Talent Relations Manager will book celebrity talent for the Brand Partnerships Studio and across all Complex platforms.This role is based in our NYC office.
- Research, pitch and book talent. Ensure that the appropriate talent is contracted to create compelling branded content that fits the brand’s taste level and need
- Manage talent outreach to managers, agencies, partners and negotiate terms, and executing on paid partnerships
- Act as a liaison between Talent Relations team and Brand Partnerships team
- Work cross-functionally to make sure all talent deliverables and contractual obligations are met
- Ensure all legal documents i.e talent agreements, photo releases are signed and executed
- Ensure that talent payment documents are completed and submitted to Accounts Payable for processing
- Research, pitch and book celebrity guests for Complex original programming as needed
- Ensure the seamless execution of multiple ongoing projects
- Ideal candidate must have 3-5 years of talent relations experience with a proven track record of successfully securing talent for brand partnerships or live music events
- 3-5 years of experience negotiating talent deals
- Ability to multi-task various projects at a time and work well under pressure
- Have a vast knowledge of what is happening in celebrity pop culture, movies, TV, music and social media
- Have strong phone and interpersonal skills
- Develop and maintain professional relationships
- Proficient in Google Suite
Life at Complex
At Complex, we cultivate content that spans across popular culture - from music and sports to fashion and food. As such, Complex celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a Complex employee, you can expect attractive employee benefits (e.g. company events, snacks, happy hour, etc.).