Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Complex seeks a talented, organized, and sociable lawyer to join its Business and Legal Affairs department as Counsel.
The Counsel will report to the Chief Legal Officer and will work directly with business stake-holders across the company, including high-level executives. The responsibilities for this position may include:
- Negotiating and drafting content creation, acquisition, licensing, and distribution agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting talent agreements and production services agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting advertising sales and sponsorship agreements.
- Advising on matters affecting new media video platforms.
- Advising on intellectual property issues (including copyright, trademark, and music).
- Advising on general advertising/marketing law and pre-publication issues, as well as FTC compliance.
- Negotiating and drafting technology and software license agreements.
- Developing and maintaining contract templates, corporate policies and processes, and training programs.
- At least 3 years of relevant legal experience with a law firm or an entertainment, media, or content company.
- JD and/or LLM degree.
- Litigation experience is highly desired, but not mandatory
- Attorney admitted to practice in New York State.
- The ideal candidate for this position must be capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines, and be able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
- Prior experience of working for a television, film, video, or other media company is very desirable but not essential.
About Complex Networks
Complex is a global lifestyle brand and media company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube. Complex Networks develops and distributes video programming on several distribution channels including Netflix, Facebook, Snapchat, and Fuse. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture - from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food. In November 2017, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon event in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.