Complex is looking for editorial interns to join our Pop Culture channel for the fall/winter semester. Working in the editorial department will give interns the opportunity to gain invaluable editorial skills and learn the web and print processes. Candidates must be able to commute to New York City and be available to work at least two days each week to be considered for this position.
Our ideal candidate is:
· Enrolled in college majoring in Communications, Media Studies or a related field
· Flexible, willing to learn and a dedicated hard worker
· Able to work quickly and efficiently on tight deadlines
· Creative and witty (a love of rap music is a bonus, but by no means a prerequisite)
- Assists in managing the Complex social accounts
- Understand the Complex voice, style, and tone to present on social
- Creating funny, humorous GIFS and memes for real-time events
- Expert knowledge about Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Able to work as a team player
- Collaborate with editors on how to package and plan big features on social
Please include your resume, cover letter, writing sample(s) and weekdays that you are available to work.
Complex is a media platform and an online community that publishes the best, most diverse and most relevant voices in culture, period. With over 120 million unique monthly visitors and 1.4B monthly pageviews, Complex makes culture pop from its collection of partners, brands and its hub site Complex.com for one of the most sought after audiences of millennial influencers ever assembled.