Complex is looking for an Evening Social Editor (freelance) to work directly with the Social Media team. The ideal candidate is a quick and witty writer with social media experience and a strong sense of internet culture. A passion for music, pop culture and sports is important. They should be as knowledgeable about Kanye's last single as they are about the latest model of Jordans.
This is a full-time freelance position open to candidates based in NYC, working hours 4:00 pm - 12am. The location and hours are non-negotiable. While this candidate will be able to work remotely in the later hours of the shift, this role requires an onsite/in-office presence earlier in the shift.
- Create, curate, and manage all content published to the Complex Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Optimize original editorial and video content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Promote engagement across all social platforms
- Communicate with social media director, respective channel social editors and the news team about breaking news.
- Work with the social staff to execute pre-planned content
- Monitor and respond to users on the the Complex Facebook and Twitter
- Participate in team efforts of live event coverage
- +1 year experience working in social media and/or digital editorial, preferably in the entertainment media industry
- An in depth understanding of the Complex’s social platforms, audience, and voice
- Familiarity with Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and knowledge of SEO principles
- Excellent writing and communications skills