Are you a motivated, hands-on, talented Marketing Manager ready to seize an opportunity to work on a wide range of projects for one of the world’s premiere entertainment brands?
Based in New York, NY, Complex Networks is seeking a talented Marketing Manager to join our Audience Development team and develop highly creative marketing plans impacting a global audience rooted within the culture of hip-hop, music, sports and style. The Marketing Manager’s work will help promote a wide range of Complex’s programming content.
The ideal candidate should have experience managing multiple high priority initiatives while demonstrating creative, cutting-edge work that stands out from the clutter.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with all relevant teams to ensure a maximized marketing rollout that achieves all pre-determined marketing objectives for all show franchises across the Complex verticals
- Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive video content, contests) optimized for each distribution network/channel
- Project Manage the creation and execution of all Social Assets that coincide with all platform initiatives for each show franchise. Work with all teams to align on approvals, timing, rollout, etc.
- Assist in social strategy and work hand in hand with Complex’s Social Media Team to execute any relevant marketing opportunities
- Develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies for content series and topical posts throughout the day, week, month and quarter
- Digest relevant campaign data and communicate results to the business while also optimizing the campaign to achieve peak performance
- Lead and ideate all Complex brand building exercises to elevate the Complex brand as an even more notable culturally relevant food channel. This includes events, pop ups, paid media, advertising, etc.
- Engage with production teams on all production shoots / schedules to ensure smooth content rollouts, to execute all marketing initiatives.
- Provide ideas for websites, contests, mini-sites and media promotions to maximize content visibility online, with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign
- Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new / existing publishers
- Create and execute online marketing campaigns that brand content, aggregate fans and mobilize fans to promote Complex slate of programming and talent
- Brainstorm, budget, and execute effective online advertising campaigns, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
- Work closely with talent, content and social teams to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
- Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide Director with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
- Work in conjunction with PR team to coincide with various marketing campaigns
- Prepare regularly-required online marketing summaries and plans
- Assist in the creation of editorial calendars and publishing schedules
- Deeply rooted in the worlds of all things sports, lifestyle, culture, hip-hop, etc.
- Full awareness of where these various communities live online
- Confident Project Manager with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines
- Ability to build and present a deck (using PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides, etc) to key stakeholders from across the business
- Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, all social networks, content marketing
- Understanding of digital ad buys, including social, retargeting, search and beyond
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of all phases of video production, video editing experience a plus
- Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Photoshop Skills Required
- Experience with digital marketing analytics tools
- Experience writing and editing copy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Must be a creative thinker
- Ability to plan, organize and execute campaigns in a timely manner
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience
- 2-4 years of entertainment experience preferred; other related experience considered
- 1-3 Years of project management experience