Complex Networks is a global lifestyle video, brand, and media company jointly owned by Hearst and Verizon, and is one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex generates over 1.2 billion video views a month across its digital channels. It is a top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Netflix, and Snapchat.
Are you a motivated, hands-on, talented PAID ACQUISITION MANAGER - SOCIAL ready to seize an opportunity to work on a range of projects for one of the world’s premiere entertainment brands?
The Manager of Paid Acquisition will work with Director of Paid and SVP of Audience Development / Marketing internally on acquiring traffic, audience growth projects, managing partners and driving audience profitability for some of most trafficked content sites on the web. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in a Paid Acquisition role (with a focus on social buying) at an online media company and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate fresh thinking and creative, cutting-edge work that stands out from the clutter.
Must have media planning and paid social media experience in the online media / publishing spaces
- Plan, buy, execute paid content/audience acquisition campaigns to drive profitability across owned and operated network of sites
- Expertise in buying media across all self-serve social channels, especially Facebook. Working knowledge of other acquisition channels a strong plus: Display, Search, OLV etc
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure media plans are on-strategy, on-time and on-budget
- Provide feedback and insight on media buys with all partners to ensure strategic and creative cohesion
- Oversight of day-today bid management, and ensure on-time and accurate development, trafficking, delivery, and running of all assets for each campaign
- Translate campaign objectives and strategy into communication documents, and distributes them amongst key stakeholders including: RFPs, marketing briefs, campaign recap decks, etc.
- Ensure all branding and key info are on strategy without sacrificing brand integrity
- Participate in all media briefings and weekly status meetings
- Translate key research reports into strategic recommendations
- Review targeted spends and make real-time adjustments to optimize campaign objectives
- Track spending for all media campaigns and ensure efforts stay within budget
- Create POs and approve invoices to ensure vendors are paid on time
- Actualize cost reports per project at the completion of each campaign
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Marketing or Business preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience executing paid advertising campaigns for an online media / digital publisher, with a focus on acquiring traffic.
- Proof of driving unique audience to digital properties
- Experience executing paid advertising campaigns on key self-service platforms with a focus on Facebook, but also including Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and Google AdWords
- Proven track record executing robust digital ad campaigns with multiple tactics and advertising partners
- Experience managing and executing multiple campaigns, with large daily / quarterly / monthly budgets.
- Deep knowledge of analytic tools (ComScore, Simply Measured, Crowd Tangle, etc.) as it relates to campaign objectives
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease and perform under pressure with a strong attention to detail