We are looking for an Associate Editorial Strategist to focus on innovation, new formats, original reporting, and ambitious digital storytelling to join our Branded Content team. This individual will have a knack for ideating and executing great stories while working with both the Editorial and Sales/Marketing teams to bring our content to life.
The Associate Editorial Strategist should have a creative vision and know how to sell it, with an understanding of the social media ecosystem and how brand content plays a role. The ideal candidate is social-first, digital-savvy, has a passion for all things streetwear, and collaborative with everyone from writers, editors, video producers, designers, developers and project managers, all while partnering with our extensive client roster to create shareable, emotionally-driven branded content.
This role will be based in Los Angeles.
- Lead creative ideation for youth-oriented streetwear/style, music, entrepreneurial-focused, pop culture, sports, and entertainment partnerships
- Work alongside campaign and video producers, as well as the editorial team, to execute branded content packages that elevate both the Complex voice and address our partner's business goals
- Concept and write stories that stay true to our editorial mission, client needs, and the authentic voice of Complex
- Act as the main point of contact for freelance writers, photographers, illustrators, stylists, video directors, and on-camera hosts for assigned campaigns
- Work with Directors of Content Development to match brand partners with content to be sponsored
- Work with sales and marketing strategists to develop and pitch long-term, multifaceted content partnerships
- 5+ years experience in editorial, social media management
- Proven ability to ideate and execute both branded content and social content a must
- Must be comfortable working with a broad range of cross-functional staff—junior to senior, sales, marketing, editorial, design, analytics, etc.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Proactive, problem-solving skills
- Ability to distinguish the good content from the "noise"
- Know how to run photo and video shoots, work with talent and be able to creatively pivot when needed
- Strong presentation and client relationship skills
- Provide creative expertise on RFPs and new business opportunities with regard to branded content proposals