Complex Networks is looking for a Director of Talent Relations to join the NYC-based Video team.
The Director of Talent Relations will act as a liaison between Complex Networks on-air talent, their representatives, and internal businesses to strengthen relationships, troubleshoot talent issues, and leverage talent and deals. This role will utilize talent in the most optimal way: supporting content, driving views and revenue with a focus towards developing existing and new Complex talent.
- Build and maintain personal and business relationships with Complex talent, providing them with on-going guidance, helping to refine their skill set and on-air persona.
- Identify and recommend specific short and long-term business strategies and opportunities for talent that are in line with Complex brand interests to maximize talent contracts, effectively utilize resources, and increase profile of talent.
- Field pitches, Review submissions, and provide feedback on casting for original programming pilots, specials and series
- Support Executives in developing and identifying new talent internally and externally.
- Establish best practices for Complex brands seeking and interfacing with celebrity talent.
- Work with talent to seek out major third party opportunities that complement and/or enhance the Complex Networks brand.
- Manage and troubleshoot potential talent crises, including personality-driven concerns and contractual situations while keeping the best interests of Complex Networks at the forefront.
- Accompany and manage talent at Complex related events such as ComplexCon, corporate events, press events and marketing shoots.
- Update talent database ensuring all contact information for talent, agents, managers and lawyers is always current.
- Track and help manage internal and external requests for all Complex talent.
- Convey any/all talent requests and issues to key executives.
- BA or BS Degree
- 7+ years of experience in talent relations and relevant experience..
- Strong network of contacts at the top agencies and talent management in the industry.
- Experience managing needs of celebrity level talent and ability to stay calm while handling difficult situations.
- Strong attention to detail, administrative, critical reasoning, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong influence, negotiation skills and knowledge of talent contractual terms.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel and work outside of standard business hours.