Complex Networks has an unparalleled reach to Millennials and Gen Z, offering a portfolio of video first brands positioned to serve diverse audiences. We have two large corporate owners (Hearst and Verizon), but we still look, think and act like a small fast growing company. The company is headquartered in Midtown NY with offices in LA, San Francisco, Nashville, Chicago, and Detroit.
The People & Culture team seeks an experienced and motivated Manager who can help set the best culture and environment for employee success. You will touch all aspects of the People function - employee relations, culture, performance management, leadership training, employee communication, career pathing and all things culture.
We need a dynamic, energetic and self-motivated individual who thrives interacting with all personalities and is able to listen to employees/managers and then build creative action plans to solve employee & organizational issues. This is a great opportunity to be a leader on the People & Culture team, interacting with all levels of the organization. The role will report to the Director of People & Culture.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with management and employees to make our culture and environment the best possible - communications, events, cross-team interactions, affinity groups, etc..
- Be an employee and management advocate; which can be a tough line to balance but it is vital.
- Propose and design programs/processes to enable people development. This can include a leadership training, mentorship program, learning from new hire/exit interviews; installing and drawing insights from employee surveys.
- Provide expertise and leadership in areas such as career coaching and development, performance management, rewards and recognition and employee relations.
- Be a thought leader for managers on organizational and people related matters.
- Employee benefits management.
- Handle employee complaints and investigations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of growing experience in HR/People roles
- Demonstrated success solving problems under stress and within quick timelines
- Ability to deal effectively and discretely with people, all who bring diverse backgrounds and personalities to each situation
- Creative and confident in your ideas and potential
- Not afraid to say no, and able to say it in a way where employees and/or managers understand
- Strong project management, organizational and prioritization skills
- A sense of humor is a must
Benefits and Perks
- Great benefits including medical with a $5 a month HDHP employee-only option, 401K match, and company provided disability/life insurance
- You will actually help shape the events we offer, which currently consisting house happy hours and company outings.