We are looking for a Senior Editor to focus on innovation, new formats, original reporting and ambitious digital storytelling to join our Branded Content team. This individual will have a knack for ideating and executing great stories while working with both the Editorial and Sales/Marketing teams to bring our this content to life.
The Senior Editor should have a creative vision and know how to sell it, with an understanding of the social media ecosystem and how brand content plays a role. The ideal candidate is social-first, digital-savvy, and collaborative with everyone from writers, editors, video producers, designers, developers and project managers, all while partnering with our extensive client roster to create shareable, emotionally-driven branded content.
- Lead creative ideation for youth-oriented music, entrepreneurial-focused, pop culture, sports, style, and entertainment partnerships
- Work alongside campaign and video producers as well as deputy editors to execute branded content packages that elevate both the Complex voice and address our partner's business goals
- Concept and write stories that stay true to our editorial mission, client needs, and the authentic voice of Complex
- Manage mid-level and junior Branded Content Strategist
- Act as the main point of contact for freelance writers, photographers, stylists, video directors and on-camera hosts
- Works with Directors of Content Development to match brand partners with content to be sponsored
- Work with sales and marketing strategist to develop and pitch long-term, multifaceted content partnerships
- 6+ years experience in editorial, social media management
- Proven ability to ideate and execute both branded content and social content a must
- Must be comfortable working with a broad range of cross-functional staff—junior to senior, sales, marketing, editorial, design, analytics, etc.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Proactive, problem-solving skills
- Ability to distinguish the good content from the "noise"
- Know how to run photo and video shoots, work with talent and be able to creatively pivot when needed
- Strong presentation and client relationship skills
- Provide creative expertise on RFPs and new business opportunities with regard to branded content proposals