We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer who is passionate about automation and process improvement. Compeat DevOps supports a suite of applications used by customers and employees. We are looking for a DevOps engineer to support a wide range of technologies & processes from build and deployment, production monitoring and DevOps advocacy. The ideal candidate will have 8-10 years of experience in a comparable position, demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, agile environment and is capable of working in a rapidly growing environment.
What you’ll do:
- Automate Public and Private cloud environments by utilizing tools such as Terraform and cloud formation.
- Architect and build systems in both AWS (Multi-region) and in a datacenter environment.
- Experience with managing VMware vSphere/ESXi 6.5 clusters in a multi-site environment.
- Container management with Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm.
- Utilize scripting languages such as: ruby, python, bash, and powershell.
- Follow a continuous deployment, continuous integration model for server provisioning and application deployment.
- Setup code-pipelines for the delivery of code into Production.
- Set configuration standards for automation, virtualization, storage, linux, and windows systems.
- Address escalated infrastructure issues, and monitor infrastructure components for performance, capacity, failures, and uptime.
- Work within strict time frames following change management protocols to provide maximum uptime.
- Review and adhere to security policies along with working with audit teams.
- Research and remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Interact and coordinate with architects, development, vendors, and internal business partners.
- Professionally represent the DevOps team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain documentation of all Cloud infrastructure related components including build and modifications.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing “Always On” support.
What you’ll need:
- Extensive experience with DevOps methodologies, processes, and framework.
- Automation expert with coding skills and a mindset to automate manual tasks.
- Extensive scripting experience with YAML, Ruby, python, Bash, and knowledge of powershell.
- Automation experience in Public and Private cloud environments, with a strong understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Experience in continuous deployment and lifecycle management using tools such as Gitlab, Git, stash.
- Develop code promotion processes, pipelines, and version control.
- Senior Linux engineering skills, and working knowledge of Windows.
- Working experience with Nginx and Apache Tomcat.
- AWS: 5+ years hands on administration and automation of various AWS services (ECS, EKS, LAMDA, S3, ALB/ELB, etc..).
- Experience with operating systems including VSphere ESXi, Microsoft Windows 10, Windows server 2016/2019 administration, and CentOS Linux.
- HP Nimble, Netapp, and/or Dell/EMC: Hands on administration of SAN.
- Experience managing Dell server technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high velocity environment.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- AWS or Google Cloud certification is preferred.
- Reports to the Senior Director, IT and Engineering Operations
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders in Compeat Engineering and respective departments
Who are we?
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Over the last 19 years we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in every type of restaurant ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is the industry leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile apps.
Compeat Hiring Practices:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location where the candidate is applying.
Compeat doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Compeat.