The Director, Sales Operations and Analytics role supports functions essential to sales productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
As the right-hand to sales leadership, you will be counted on to find answers to the hard questions. You will work directly with the SVP of Sales, and the sales leadership team, constantly thinking about how revenue can be increased and find the best opportunities for improvement of the sales team.
You will be the primary person responsible for the complex reporting and analysis involved in sales forecasting and planning. Your efforts will support the sales leaders to reach monthly, quarterly, and yearly bookings goals. You will need to develop key performance metrics to measure the activities that have the most significant impact on sales productivity, pull the necessary reports to track those KPIs over time, and compile dashboards that sales leaders can use to keep tabs on the key business drivers.
You will also continuously working to optimize the sales process, recognize trends in data, refine operational models, and put out fires as they arise. Periodically, you will need to redefine sales territories, collaborate with finance on sales compensation plans, and develop policies to ensure data quality.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the company.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the business unit supported.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the SVP of Sales
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in business, sales/marketing, or related discipline, MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years in a Sales Operations management or director role; 10+ years of experience working in sales, business or marketing operations, or business management.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Excel proficiency.
- Successful track record of working effectively at all levels within the organization
- Influential negotiation skills are necessary.
- Startup and SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Experience as a sales rep or manager is a plus.