Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
Compass Health Center is seeking a Trauma Post-Doctoral Fellow within our daytime Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program in our Chicago office (Trauma Program). This program serves adult patients and operates from 08:30a-4:30p Monday through Friday. Our post-doctoral fellow will receive a one-year contract with a competitive stipend of $55,000. Compass Health Center values trainees and is often hiring. Successful post-doctoral fellows may be retained for permanent positions depending on organizational openings and needs.
We are seeking current psychology interns from APA-accredited programs with a passion for interdisciplinary trauma work. Our trauma post-doctoral fellow will receive formal supervision while training in the role of Primary Clinical Therapist in preparation for assuming these responsibilities as a licensed clinical psychologist.
Core training opportunities:
- Provision of trauma-oriented individual psychotherapy in a specialized setting
- Provision of group psychotherapy and psychoeducational/skills-based groups
- Case management, including coordination of care with external providers to ensure continuity of care
- Interdisciplinary teamwork
Your responsibilities will also include the following:
- Completion of initial intake evaluations to determine diagnosis and appropriateness of program (based on program need)
- Provide family therapy (based on program need)
- Communicate with patients’ family members or support system when clinically indicated
- Assess patients’ need for a higher level of care, transition plan and/or discharge
- Chart progress of patients appropriately
- Complete administrative documentation (initial treatment plans/updates, discharges, attendance)
- Participate in professional development activities
- Provide insurance utilization team with updates
- An average 40-hour work week would resemble the following: up to 20 hours of direct patient care, a minimum of 1 hour of individual supervision by a licensed clinical psychologist, approximately five hours of required staff meetings, 2 hours of protected training time (e.g., CEs, independent study, licensure exam preparation), and the remaining time would be spent in various administrative duties (e.g., documentation, project work, case management issues). Including a designated office space (i.e., unshared with other trainees).
You would be the ideal candidate if you:
- Are a current psychology intern on track to complete your APA-accredited internship by Summer 2022
- Have had training and experience in empirically supported treatments for trauma
- Have excellent time management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple demands in a fast paced and changing environment
- Hold a primary interest in trauma work with patients presenting with high symptom acuity
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!