Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
We are seeking motivated students to learn and grow within our organization. This position is only available to students in the 2022-2023 internship year of a Master level clinical program (social work, counseling, psychology). If you are passionate about creating and facilitating groups and provide compassionate care, you would be a great fit on our team. Internship opportunities exist across all Compass clinical programs including Adolescent, Adult, and OCD/Complex Anxiety.
Note: Due to Compass’ Virtual Program hours, there are internships available for both daytime and evening, with program hours ranging from 8:00am to 8:30pm.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide individual and group therapeutic interventions in PHP/ IOP therapy groups via Zoom
- Attend multidisciplinary rounds (psychiatrists, teachers, group therapists, primary therapists, family therapists and directors)
- Provide support to other team members in various treatment groups
- Aid in development and facilitation of DBT/CBT skills groups
- Help with documentation of attendance for daytime programming
- Compete progress notes and assist with treatment plan updates
- Provide clinical observations/input from a social work or counseling psychology perspective to Treatment Teams
- Participate in discharge planning for patients (outpatient providers, follow up care, transition back to school)
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision on a weekly basis
- Participate in continuous quality improvement and professional development through weekly opportunities in the Summer and monthly opportunities throughout the year
- Attend weekly Program planning meeting
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Ability to demonstrate soft skills
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple demands simultaneously in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to maintain patient privacy at all times
- Desire to work in a virtual partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient setting with focus on group therapy modality
- Completed coursework related to treatment for children/adolescents and/or young adults/adults, group therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, or dialectical behavior therapy
- Start Date: August 2022
- End Date: May/ June 2023
- Weekly Schedule: To be determined in conjunction with program; 20-24 hours/week
- Provided by individuals with the following credentials:
- There will be individual and/or group supervision weekly (1 hour total).
- Monthly group supervision will occur with all student interns, post-doctoral interns, and first-year employees.
- Interns can expect a developmental style of supervision.
- Interns will be expected to be active participants in setting goals and expectations for their internship year, as well as able to complete the training activities and job functions as listed above.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including weekly lecture series throughout the summer.
- Additional guidance and supervision from multi-disciplinary staff, including psychiatrists, teachers, group therapists, primary therapists, family therapists and directors.
- Interns demonstrating exemplary performance will be strongly considered for future employment at Compass. Benefits for fulltime Compass employees below for reference.
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!