Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
The Clinical Call Center Supervisor is responsible for meeting contact center goals, metrics and objectives by assisting in day to day clinical needs. Supervise and provide clinical direction to the team, triage high acuity callers, provide training to the Intake Specialists, and assist in day to clinical screenings.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in clinical screenings for potential patients.
- Give clinical direction to the team
- Assist in triaging high acuity patients
- Hire, train, develop and coach by conducting performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and termination.
- Execute onboarding plan to hire, train, and staff properly.
- Receive and answer telephone inquiries in a professional manner.
- Take patient crisis calls in a professional manner and according to company standards.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with clinical directors in order to communicate with them regarding patients and scheduling
- Motivate and lead the team to create and maintain a positive environment while setting and adhering to high standards in work ethic and performance
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned.
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Have Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Have a Masters Degree with preferred Independent license in the state of IL (LCSW, LCPC)
- Have the ability to self motivate and remain on task
- Are commitment to Company values.
- Have strong customer orientation. Excellent customer service skills (friendly, empathetic, courteous and helpful).
- Have general computer skills – Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and patients.
- Have the ability to prioritize, possess empathy and stay calm during patient crisis situations
- Have the ability to work varied hours/days to oversee call center and ability to work extra hours and days when circumstances require, especially during peak seasons.
- Have the ability to motivate and be part of creating a safe, fun, efficient, positive team-orientated environment.
- Have the ability to make decisions and handle high-pressure situations in a timely manner while remaining calm.
- Customer service experience is preferred
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!