Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
Compass Health Center has a Young Child Group Therapist opening for our Young Child Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Northbrook office.
Our rapid growth continues to create new opportunities as we continue to push for better and differentiated care for our patients seeking treatment for anxiety, depression, developmental delays, and other co-occurring conditions that could result in life-interfering behavioral and emotional dysregulation.
We are seeking an experienced clinician with a passion for delivering evidence-based therapy to young children with a variety of mental health needs. If you are passionate about working with children, work effectively with those in crisis, and possess an excellent work ethic, you would be an ideal addition to our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating DBT/CBT skill groups
- Engage in the development of new CBT/DBT/ACT skill groups, as needed
- Providing crisis intervention and support, as needed
- Co-facilitating creative expression and other experiential therapeutic groups
- Assisting program director in supporting families through phone coaching and follow-up calls
- Coordinate with treatment team about changes and progress for individual patients
- Providing clinical observations and insights during interdisciplinary meetings
- Providing individual support to patients, as needed
- Providing support to other team members in various treatment groups
- Providing guidance and support for milieu staff during skills and executive functioning therapy activities/instruction
- Participating in discharge planning for patients
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Have two years post master’s experience
- Possess a core skill set of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Hold the following licenses or certifications: LCSW, LCPC, MSW, LPC, MFT, LMFT, LSW, PsyD, or PhD
- Have prior experience working in partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient program
- Have prior experience treating the following: Depression/mood disorders, Anxiety Disorders, OCD
Qualified applicants should be willing to complete 8 hours of Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention training. This model fosters prevention of crises from occurring, de-escalation of potential crises, effective management of acute crises, reduction of potential and actual injury to children and employees, and opportunities to reflect on more effective ways to handle stressful situations. Upon completion of the training employees must demonstrate competency as measured by a formal written and performance-based assessments.
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!