Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
We are seeking a Utilization Review Specialist to obtain appropriate insurance authorization for our patients to obtain Behavioral Health treatment at high levels of care. The UR Specialist will act as the liaison between the clinical team and the insurance company, facilitating and maintaining insurance approval through a patient’s treatment at Compass Health Center. This person will advocate on behalf of the patient to overcome financial barriers to treatment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contacting Insurance companies to verify insurance coverage and obtaining approval of treatment as recommended by the clinical team.
- Collaborating with the clinical team to compile treatment plans and supporting clinical documentation.
- Working with all internal departments as necessary, such as Revenue Cycle and Patient Advocates.
- Accurately documenting Electronic Medical Records to reflect approval or denial of treatment authorization.
- Communicating insurance authorizations/denials and insurance needs to appropriate internal staff.
- Scheduling and delivering concurrent authorization reviews as required by individual insurance companies.
- Coordinating physicians’ reviews and appeals.
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Have previous healthcare or insurance experience
- Have knowledge of medical terminology and psychiatric criteria
- Have the ability to analyze and communicate clinical information from progress, group and psychiatric chart notes.
- Have the ability to work autonomously and independently while working collaboratively as part of a team
- Have the ability to think critically and make decisions within individual role and responsibility
- Have strong written and verbal skills
- Have strong organizational and time management skills with ability to manage workload independently
- Have the ability to foster and maintain positive relationships externally and internally
- Are familiar with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and EMR
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!