Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
We are seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for our Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs in our Oak Brook office.
We are seeking an experienced clinician to conduct patient evaluations, determine diagnosis and develop comprehensive care plans, including medication prescription and management. If you are passionate about working with patients and their families to communicate, develop and carry out appropriate treatment plans and compassionate care, you would be an ideal addition to our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing complete initial psychiatric evaluation on patient to determine diagnosis and develop plan of care including medication prescription, if indicated
- Revising, prescribing, and implementing therapeutic regimen using an interdisciplinary approach
- Monitoring patient progress and providing collaborative treatment and communication with the treatment team
- Providing timely documentation of each encounter with a patient
- Ensuring patient/family education regarding clinical condition and relevant aspects of care
- Working in collaboration with treatment team members to ensure quality of care and consideration of services
- Maintaining required level of continuing education and preferred development activities
- Using interpersonal and communication skills that enable one to establish and maintain professional relations with patients, families, colleagues and other members of the healthcare team.
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Licensed as an Advance Practiced Nurse in the State of Illinois
- ANCC National Board Certification in Psychiatry- PMHNP Certification
- Prescriptive Authority
- DEA license
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
- DNP or MSN from an accredited Nursing Program
- CPR certified
- Experience with patients in crisis
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!