Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
We are seeking clinicians with a background and/or training in evidence-based approaches to work with survivors of trauma. In this role, you will facilitate trauma-related psycho-education and skills-based groups, as well as provide individual support for patients, as needed.
If you work effectively with patients in crisis, possess an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about patient care, and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing group therapy/ leading skills groups for patients in a safe and therapeutic milieu
- Developing effective therapeutic group relationships that promote positive change in patients
- Utilizing empirically-supported interventions for presenting issues and diagnoses associated with trauma, including ACT, CBT, DBT, CPT, motivational interviewing, and psychoeducation skills
- Participating in risk assessment and safety planning, as needed
- Providing individual support to patients, as needed
- Charting progress of patients appropriately
- Collaborating with treatment team and outpatient providers
- Completing/participating in patients’ discharges
- Participating in professional development activities
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Hold the following licenses or certifications: LPC/LCPC, MSW, LCSW, or psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.)
- Have experience working with adults in group and individual therapy settings
- Possess knowledge of CBT, DBT, ACT and group dynamics
- Have previous experience working with patients in crisis
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!