Who We Are
Compass Health Center is a recognized leader in crisis-level mental health, setting the standard for excellence in the Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient space (PHP/IOP). We serve over hundreds of patients every day, ranging from age 6 to senior, in one of our three free-standing facilities, located in Northbrook, Chicago, and Oak Brook, or through our robust virtual programming. Compass provides an intermediate level of Behavioral Healthcare that fills a critical gap between outpatient and inpatient care. Patients and their families turn to Compass when in crisis – every day, we help people overcome depression, anxiety, suicidality, obsessions/compulsions, past trauma, chronic pain, and other symptoms that prevent them from living happy and healthy lives.
With current locations in Northbrook and Chicago, we are excited to be opening our third facility in Oak Brook, IL. At this state of the art facility, we will continue to further our mission of setting the standard of excellence within the PHP/IOP space.
We are seeking clinicians with a passion for delivering science-based therapy to adults (ages 24+) with anxiety and mood disorders. If you are passionate about creating and facilitating groups and providing compassionate care, you would be an ideal addition to our team.
Note that this role will ultimately be based in Oak Brook, but will be training in Chicago/Northbrook from mid-June until early-August when the Oak Brook facility officially opens. Interviews will be taking place throughout the spring.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing group therapy to patients in a safe and therapeutic milieu
- Developing effective therapeutic group relationships that promote positive change in patients
- Utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), as well as other evidenced-based therapies
- Relaying relevant clinical information to treatment team during daily rounds and as needed
- Developing program material and adjusting group therapy content, as needed, to fit group needs
- Engaging in crisis management, as needed
- Creating and updating treatment plans
- Charting in our electronic medical records system
- Participating in professional development activities
- This position may also include meeting with patients individually for case management
You would be the ideal candidate, if you:
- Are passionate about facilitating group therapy and seeking an environment to work collaboratively with others
- Are a Psychologist or Master’s level therapist
- Possess a core skill set of Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills
- Hold the following licenses or education: LSW (or LSW eligible), LPC (or LPC eligible), LCSW, LCPC, PsyD, or PhD
- Have prior experience working in partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, inpatient hospital, or residential setting (preferred, not required)
Benefits & Perks
Our employees work hard to provide the best possible care for our patients, so we make sure we take care of them. Here are some of the benefits and perks available to our employees!
Health and Personal Wellness
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance plan options through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance plans
- Employer paid Life Insurance, employer paid Short- and Long-Term Disability after one year of employment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Accident insurance for when life happens
- Competitive compensation for all employee levels
- 401(k) plan that includes a match of 100% of the first 4% of pay that you contribute
- Generous paid time off (PTO) with increased days based on years of employment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave policy after one year of employment
- Continuous training opportunities; including free CEU seminars and additional training and development courses
- Volunteering opportunities to enrich the soul and help give back to our community
- The opportunity to work with the best in our field and be part of something extraordinary!