Commsor is now looking for a Lead Community Consultant to join our Services team. As the Lead Community Consultant, you’ll be responsible for communicating and collaborating with prospects and clients (alongside our VP of Services) in order to help a wide range of companies become more Community-Led. You’ll work with our external Community Talent Collective, as well as our internal Community, Sales, & Success teams (and plenty of other folks at Commsor, too!). With your help, our customer companies will implement new strategies that drive long term, Community-Led success throughout their organization
We're a small and fully distributed team, currently spanning from California to Australia and we take pride in our ability to function as an effective remote organization. We currently have Commsaurians spread over 15 countries; would you be adding a new flag to the team?
WHO IS COMMSOR?
The next 10 years will be dominated by community-led companies. But creating a successful community is often difficult and time consuming. Commsor helps companies and teams build better communities. We're creating powerful tools including analytics, automation, a Community Network Manager (CNM), and more.
Most important to us at Commsor is that you possess the values we hold dear to us:
🌐 We put community first. Communities are the whole reason we exist — so we care about them a lot. Seeing communities thrive is pretty much our favorite thing, so we center them in everything we do.
🍃 We keep it light. Lightweight, that is. There are no extra points for the most complex solution to a problem. We delight our customers (and ourselves) with iterative results in pursuit of maximizing impact while reducing wasted time, energy, or resources.
⛰️ We embrace the hard stuff. We welcome change and challenges with a growth mindset and believe every hard thing is an opportunity to become better at what we do.
🙋 We own our outcomes. We're entrepreneurial at heart and put an emphasis on individual responsibility and autonomy. Everyone contributes to our success.
💟 We're the real deal. Communities flourish when its’ members have an enjoyable and safe space to be their authentic selves. We ensure everyone is encouraged to respectfully speak their mind, challenge the status quo and bring the fun.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING WITH?
You’ll be reporting to Erik Martin, Commsor’s VP of Services. The Services team includes Talent Acquisition & Research Specialists. Frequent collaborators will be from Marketing, Content, C School, Sales, People, and Support/Success.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Starting annual salary of $100k USD
- Fully remote and flexible set up: you get to choose your working hours (and days!), as long as your team is informed and the job gets done, we highly encourage you to take that midday walk, pick up your kids from school, hit up that estate sale, take a well deserved cat nap or go for a run!
- Unlimited annual leave: there is no limit on how many days off you can take. A rested Commsaurian is a happy and productive one;
- Office set up allowance: when joining Commsor you will get a $2,000 Home Office Stipend towards the purchase of any equipment you might need
- Learning & Development Budget: each year you’ll receive a $1,000 professional development stipend, which can be used to purchase courses, books, or webinar tickets
- Enhanced Healthcare plans
- Annual Off-site Retreat: next stop will be Portugal!
- You will receive equity in a startup company that’s well funded and in a growing industry
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for helping execute strategic consulting and talent projects for services clients.
- Ensure community-led projects are designed and implemented according to our process and approach agreed upon with the customer.
- Manage regular key client stakeholder relationships including regular reviews of project timelines.
- Help refine and innovate our service offerings and sales approach
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experienced. 2+ years experience in a customer facing role at an agency, platform vendor, or similar
- Curious and analytical about patterns, trends, and new tools.
- Comfortable and credible interacting with a variety of global clients across a range of mediums
- Can handle high volume of client & prospect communication
- Generalist – You are comfortable creating strategies and occasionally getting in the weeds.
- Business-minded – You’re able to understand and articulate how community initiatives impact the organization. You can dig into data and understand trends and derive insights.
- Effective communicator — You're great at communicating, without requiring meetings. If something is unclear you reach out and ask questions. You're comfortable owning, communicating and presenting information on specific projects or initiatives, both in writing and in person.
- Accountable — We expect that you can work independently to run with a problem and come up with a solution. Receiving & giving feedback is crucial to that - you should be someone that’s comfortable with a feedback culture.
- Preferably located on the East Coast of the US, but open to anywhere so long as you’re able to work with people based on the West Coast as well as Europe
- Experience in community is nice to have but not necessary
Doesn’t sound like you? I bet you know someone though! Feel free to share this with someone you feel would make an awesome addition to the Commsaurian squad!
Like the sound of this job but not quite the right role? Send us your CV anyway. We’re a growing company which means future opportunities!
We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of your location, background, race, gender, sexual orientation or any other personally defining attribute. We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description. We also commit to making our hiring decisions as quickly as possible in respect to our candidates’ time and effort. We aim to move successful candidates along the pipeline within 4 weeks from the time of the application.