Common is building user-owned communication. We are creating open spaces for coordination, where decisions are done transparently and anyone can participate in improving their organization, starting in crypto.
Our initial product is widely used— a tool for community discussion and voting for web3 projects and DAOs, used by over 1000 communities collectively worth over $50b. Projects include Solana, NEAR, Polygon, Element Finance, dYdX, Osmosis, and many, many more. Over the long term, we want to support free forms of expression, whether expressed as chat messages, formal votes, or voting by “dollars”.
We work on a multi-disciplinary project bringing together ideals, cutting-edge technology, and making it easy for anyone to use. If this at all sounds interesting, please join us.
We are seeking a People Lead to help us build a world-class team to achieve our ambitious goals. As the People Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of human resources, including talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, and employee relations. You will also develop and execute a strategic HR plan that aligns with our overall business objectives, while fostering a positive and inclusive company culture.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive HR strategy that aligns with the company's business goals and values.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement talent acquisition and retention strategies to build a high-performing and diverse team.
- Oversee the performance management process to ensure fair and consistent evaluations, feedback, and coaching to help employees grow and achieve their full potential.
- Manage employee relations issues, including investigations and disciplinary actions, to ensure a fair and respectful workplace.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that support compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain compensation and benefits programs that are competitive, fair, and in line with industry standards.
- Oversee the development and implementation of employee training and development programs.
- Foster a positive and inclusive company culture that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in HR, with a focus on talent acquisition, talent management, and employee relations.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing HR strategies that align with business goals and values.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to manage a team of HR professionals.
- Experience in a startup and fast-growing company
Commonwealth Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged time off, 100% company-paid medical, dental, & vision for you and your dependents, 401(k) participation, annual $1,500 education stipend, (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Commonwealth Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability (including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, and asexuality), veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, reproductive health decision making or any other protected category.