Here at CTC, we’re an agency of entrepreneurs. We know what it’s like to run an ecommerce business. Because we have. And still do.
Like our clients, we’ve taken 3am calls with overseas suppliers, haggled pennies off pick-and-pack fees, watched something grow and thrive against the odds.
Whether the client dreams of transforming the world or turning a profit, our success depends on their success.
At our core, CTC is a service provider; building brands across visitors, conversion rate, and lifetime value. Centered around our ecommerce growth formula, we tested on our own strategies and brands, to help scale what works.
Additionally, we’re a human service business. And our people are our product. We invest in them because they invest in our client's business. CTC is a fully remote company of creatives, data geeks, and leaders that expanding across the United States & Canada.
We truly believe careers are a catalyst for your future self — because we’re not just interested in who you are, but in who you want to be.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
CREATE | You’re the Peggy Olsen of your team, floating into pitch presentations and blowing clients away with the power, novelty, and strategic elegance of your creative concepts—after you’ve done the same with your team. You are the creative director of your team: measure twice, cut once. As creative director, Your dedication to detail and vision enable you to support or defend your ad concepts and briefs, position, or idea in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner. This means your clients, your team, and (especially) yourself. You will pitch relevant concepts, write briefs, and communicate to clients and your team with confidence. Your years of creative experience help enable your Multimedia Designer/production teams to seamlessly bring your ideas to life.
ANALYZE | Measure twice, cut once. Creative problem-solving starts with a deep understanding of historical data, current ecommerce trends, and consumer behavior to develop winning strategies that impact your client's growth. You’re Neo, navigating your way through the Matrix of Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics, and Shopify data. You will develop creative hypotheses and tests with the intention of moving the needle on key performance metrics — from increasing CTR and average watch time on ads to planning omnichannel creative campaigns during acceleration opportunities, the nature of your role entails both visibility into consumer behavior and the power to make creative that drives measurable action.
COMMUNICATE | You sow the seed of your ideas by leading and facilitating quarterly marketing calendar design meetings with clients, as well as project managing the production of ads to optimize for maximum account growth. Your years of creative experience help enable your Multimedia Designer / production teams to seamlessly bring your ideas to life. You effectively collaborate with your team and clients to bridge the gap between brand, tactics, data, and design. You’re a master at communicating in a clear and concise manner, highlighting key performance takeaways and insights.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Success in Your Day to Day Looks Like
- You will be responsible for writing creative briefs, reporting on creative performance, giving feedback on ad execution, while ensuring client satisfaction on all creative services.
- You strategically work on planning, developing, and executing advertising campaigns to test and optimize your strategies, creatives, and processes.
- You effectively communicate a clear creative hypothesis and objective to both your team and clients.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with clients to create and set quarterly strategy on a Marketing calendar.
Success in Your First Three to Six Months Looks Like
- You’ll develop a team rhythm and culture that wins each client’s trust.
- You’ll have a clear understanding of client’s performance goals and develop a strategic roadmap through the rest of the year.
- You will effortlessly brief 1-2 studio shoots according to each clients’ contract.
- You will analyze and report on creative performance monthly for each client.
- Your ads will be amongst the highest drivers of ROAS and efficiency in the accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- B.A. or B.S. in advertising, marketing, graphic design, communications, journalism, or relevant work experience.
- 2 to 5 years experience creating and executing Facebook Ad concepts at an ecommerce brand or digital marketing agency
- 1 to 3 years experience working with Facebook Ads Manager
- Project management experience, writing briefs and managing multiple creative projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Google Suite, Shopify or similar ecommerce platforms, Google Analytics/Ads, etc
- An understanding of current and future design trends — you know what’ll be in before it’s in, and what’ll be out before it’s out.
- Must have a unique combination of humility (willing to do the dirty work) and ambition (vision for what your future holds).
- Skilled in ASANA or relevant project management software preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
- Ability to complete short-term and long-term goals in a proper manner.
- An insatiable curiosity, and an inability to leave a problem alone until you’ve found one or many different potential solutions.
- A desire to take risks — but only after carefully examining the calculus and determining that your chosen course of action is most effective.
All skills mentioned below are building. Meaning, the skills listed in the role prior are in addition to the skills listed in higher-level roles.
Each level has its own set of KPIs that increase revenue targets as well as base and bonus payout potential. To move from one level to the next, any CS must hit 100% of their KPIs for two consecutive quarters.
Associate Creative Strategist
- SKILLS | Ads Manager / FB Creative Strategy Cert, Campaign Testing, Peak Moment Ad Concepting & Briefing, Ad Quality Control (Spelling, Grammar, Copy, Offer Strategy)
Creative Strategist I
- SKILLS | Client Management, Statlas Reporting, Creative Testing & Analysis (Audience, Asset, Copy, Allocation of Media Spend Per Channel, Performance), Customer Journey Analysis, Marketing Calendar Design Competitor Research, Ad Approval & Revision Management, Ad Quality Control (Spelling, Grammar, Copy, Offer Strategy, Meeting Facilitation
Creative Strategist II
- SKILLS | Creative Strategy Only Consulting, Tiktok, Snapchat, Pinterest Creative, Creative Audits (BD / Sales)
Sr. Creative Strategist I
- SKILLS | Contractor Sourcing & Management, CS Dept. Leadership & Feedback, Brand Messaging Strategy, Brand Design Identity, Workshop Design & Facilitation, ADmission Bookings
Sr. Creative Strategist II
- SKILLS | Consumer Insights / Research, Contract Negotiations, 3D Briefing
YOU + CTC = Dreams in Digital Marketing
People are the heart of our business and we believe in paying every associate what they deserve and being clear is kind with pay transparency.
Salary for this role | Starts at Associate Creative Strategist at $70K base plus bonus and equity - Sr Creative Strategist II at $120K base plus bonus and equity
Posted salary ranges are aligned with our equitable hiring practices and based on current market data. Final salary offers will take into account the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To be considered, please provide us with a cover letter on why you are interested in working at CTC along with your resume.
We’re storytellers, buyers, builders, designers, coaches, partners, leaders, entrepreneurs of our own lives, and in our hearts, we at the Common Thread Collective (CTC), are dreamers.
With an untraditional take on marketing, CTC is an ecommerce growth agency helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams.
A job is a job is a job. At CTC we don’t hire you for a job. We believe careers are a catalyst for your future self — because we’re not just interested in who you are, but in who you want to be.
Come sell stuff online, tell stories, build websites, shape brands, create processes, scale accounts, and help fellow entrepreneurs turn their dreams into reality.
We’ll come alongside you and care for you in your pursuits by offering full-time CTC entrepreneurs:
- ESOP | An agency by the people for the people. CTC offers an Employee Stock Ownership [ESOP] program where 80% of the company will be employee owned by 2023. This stock is on top of 401k investment with an estimated* 45% higher earning potential than other agencies.
- 401K | program with a 3% company match (post 90 days employment) to bring out the investor inside you
- PTO | 4 weeks of paid time off on top of Holidays, your Birthday, Cultural Identity Celebration day, and the week of Christmas paid. Go get your R&R on so when you’re at CTC you’re firing on all cylinders
- MEDICAL | Full health, dental, and vision benefits that fit your lifestyle and goals
- WELLNESS | A wellness reimbursement program that inspires 360 degrees of health: mentally, physically, and spiritually
- TMYD | Access to our Tell Me Your Dreams (TMYD) program where you explore life beyond what’s in front of you with a certified mental health coach. Maybe you’ll dream for the first time, we’re here for it. To top it off, if you opt in, we provide you with resources to realize your dreams through our Dream Fund
- ERGs | At CTC a core value is to Embrace I.D.E.A. [inclusion, diversity, equity, access] and that is lived in through Employee Resource Groups [ERGs] where you can come as you are, and see yourself reflected back at you.
*NOTE: ESOP estimates are based on total earning potential over the course of vesting shares and not a guarantee.
CTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We Embrace I.D.E.A. and are committed to fostering a culture of performance and inclusivity.
Common Thread Collective provides this Privacy Notice for California Consumers/Employees only to individuals residing in the State of California who are considered “Consumers” under the CCPA and from whom we collect “Personal Information” as described in the CCPA (“Consumers”). This CCPA Employee Privacy Notice sets forth our privacy practices as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). We provide you this notice because, under the CCPA, California Residents who are employees, employee applicants, or contractors qualify as Consumers. For purposes of this CCPA Employee Privacy Notice, when we refer to Consumers, we mean you to the extent you are a California employee, employee applicant, or contractor. To see our full policy, please click here.