Commonstock makes finding quality investing information easier. We are building a social network that amplifies the knowledge of the best investors, verified by actual track records. Community members link their existing brokerage accounts (Robinhood, Coinbase, etc) and share their real portfolio, performance, and trades (by percent only, we never share dollar amounts). Commonstock is not a brokerage, but a social layer on top of existing brokerages helping to create more engaged and informed investors.
So far, we have focused all of our effort on organic network effects. As a result, a cult-like community has formed and is rapidly expanding. We are well capitalized and our team comes with experience across the investing and tech landscape, from hedge-funds and VCs to big tech and small startups. Last year we announced our $10M round from some of the best VCs in the world, including Floodgate, QED, Resolute, Upside, Abstract, and Social Capital.
We’re seeking a Marketing Designer to drive all aspects of Commonstock’s visual communications as we head into an exciting period of growth. You’ll be an integral part of the marketing team while working closely with product designers and engineers to make Commonstock an established, trusted brand with our target audiences. You will conceptualize and develop creative, high quality marketing content that helps amplify our story and drive growth. And you’ll help define and expand the foundations of our brand system across digital and traditional mediums, coming up with effective ways to communicate with and delight our users.
Own and execute the visual aspects of a variety of branded marketing campaigns across digital (website, e-mail, social, app store, search, etc.), traditional (media, print, out-of-home, etc.), and event (swag, banners, etc.) marketing.
Refine and scale the Commonstock brand and visual identity by iterating on current designs, evolving visual frameworks, and developing brand guidelines.
Proactively ensure that all current and future creative is cohesive and consistent with the company’s brand direction.
Present a broad spectrum of thoughtful design ideas for consideration, then actively solicit feedback and narrow based on feedback, experimentation, and user research.
Test and evaluate the performance of visual media, including conversion across owned and paid acquisition channels, then iterate to increase engagement based on analytics.
Implement and curate a digital asset management system to ensure all marketing imagery, stock photos, and other assets are easily accessible.
Collaborate with, coordinate the work of, and provide design feedback and guidance to relevant internal and external partners, including product designers, contract graphic designers, illustrators, vendors, and agencies.
Lead multiple projects simultaneously from concepts to deliverables, estimating time required, prioritizing according to company need, and managing the expectations of relevant stakeholders.
You’ll Be A Great Fit If You Are
- Experienced designing and executing visual communications across a wide range of media and channels: web design, social media, advertising, print, events, etc.
- Skilled at taking projects from start to finish, owning everything from concepting to production.
- Comfortable navigating a fast-paced work environment with quickly changing needs and priorities – startup or financial technology experience preferred.
- A creative storyteller who loves communicating complex or abstract concepts in ways that are clear and memorable. Copywriting skills are a plus.
- Someone who prides themselves on their craft and attention to detail, with a good eye for creative that resonates with and engages digitally native consumers.
- Humble, collaborative, and happy to brainstorm alongside, accept feedback from, and lead teams of internal and external partners to solve creative problems.
- Deeply knowledgeable about design principles and methods and enjoy keeping up with current trends in digital and user-facing design.
- An effective communicator with experience conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wire framing, prototyping, and presenting to teams and leadership.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience designing for brand and content-focused companies, preferably at an agency or in a high-growth startup.
- Strong knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Please share a portfolio of work that you are proud of and that demonstrates your strong craft and collaborative process. We want to hear about your experience, the impacts you've had, and how you work with a team to solve creative problems.