Commonstock makes finding quality investing information easier. We are building a social network that amplifies the knowledge of the best investors, verified by actual track records. Community members link their existing brokerage accounts (Robinhood, Coinbase, etc) and share their real portfolio, performance, and trades (by percent only, we never share dollar amounts). Commonstock is not a brokerage, but a social layer on top of existing brokerages helping to create more engaged and informed investors.
So far, we have focused all of our effort on organic network effects. As a result, a cult-like community has formed and is rapidly expanding. We are well capitalized and our team comes with experience across the investing and tech landscape, from hedge-funds and VCs to big tech and small startups. Last year we announced our $10M round from some of the best VCs in the world, including Floodgate, QED, Resolute, Upside, Abstract, and Social Capital.
It’s an exhilarating time for retail investing, and Commonstock is poised to make the most of it. We’re seeking our first ever Head of Marketing to lead the company through the next phase of explosive growth. The Head of Marketing will be a critical member of Commonstock’s leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO to drive go-to-market and company-wide strategy. This is a unique opportunity to define the company’s brand, run all aspects of its marketing and communications, and build and manage a high-performing team.
- Work closely with the CEO and executive team to refine the target market and set company-wide growth goals.
- Craft Commonstock’s go-to-market and overarching marketing strategy to achieve those goals.
- Develop and refine the Commonstock brand, including brand strategy, voice, and visual identity, to crystalize the value proposition and position the company as an industry leader.
- Oversee the execution and evaluation of a wide range of marketing campaigns across key verticals and channels (owned, earned, and paid) to drive user acquisition.
- Work with the CEO and external agencies to identify and pursue media interviews, speaking engagements, and other opportunities to showcase Commonstock’s value and differentiate it in the fintech landscape.
- Build, manage, and leverage a network of strategic partners who will serve as evangelists of the Commonstock brand and platform.
- Collaborate with product and research teams to inform product priorities and strategies that optimize for user retention and engagement.
- Recruit, cultivate, and lead a high-performing, collaborative team of marketing and communications professionals.
- Forecast and allocate an annual departmental budget, set goals and metrics, and measure and report out on progress.
You’ll Be A Great Fit If You Are
- An accomplished marketing executive with 15+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years in a leadership role, ideally at a fintech company or social network.
- Passionate about and experienced (professionally or personally) with the stock market, plus familiar with the retail investing world and relevant communities, e.g. Fintwit/Finance Reddit/FinTok, etc.
- Experienced in developing successful marketing and brand strategies and running campaigns in early-stage or high-growth environments.
- Deeply knowledgeable about a variety of marketing verticals and channels (owned, earned, and paid), especially the latest digital mediums.
- An expert at running analytically-rigorous marketing experiments and making objective, data-driven decisions.
- A driven problem-solver who sets ambitious goals, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, and continuously iterates based on results.
- A world-class communicator who possesses excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and writing skills.
- Intellectually curious and passionate about coming up with creative ways to acquire target users more efficiently and effectively.
- A high-EQ leader with a history of building, developing, and retaining outstanding teams.
Strong preference for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area or New York City, but job will remain mostly remote for the foreseeable future during the pandemic.