Common is a global residential manager making city living easier for renters through the thoughtful use of technology and design. Common delivers exceptional experiences for thousands of residents across coliving, microunits, and traditional apartments. Founded in 2015, they are the preferred choice for residents looking for stress-free city living from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 18,000 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 22 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated individuals to help our mission of turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is an entry-level position with strong career development and the opportunity for growth into senior sales, member services, and real estate roles. This role is eligible for monthly commission and reports to the regional Leasing Manager.
- Tour prospects through new and existing homes
- Determine the sales strategy associated with filling a new vs. existing home
- Be an expert on all available products in a region - new and existing homes
- You should be comfortable speaking about differences between homes, and able to match/sell the right home to the right prospect
- Weekly goal setting and demand generation
- Determine priority of vacant rooms based on a number of competing objectives
- Communicate priorities to marketing and inside sales to produce demand against the inventory
- Work with our development team to design tools and dashboards to support leasing activity for homes
- Other ad hoc projects may be assigned
- You have 2+ years of sales experience (real estate preferred but not required)
- Ability to travel to support new home openings and existing homes in other markets
- You will be able to demonstrate both a consultative and aggressive selling style if need be, and can tailor our value to respond to prospect’s specific pain points and challenges
- You are comfortable working in environments where you will be able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Emotional intelligence, coachability and a strong work ethic
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.