Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sr. Analyst | Associate to join the Real Estate underwriting team to analyze and support deal flow for Common’s extensive pipeline to grow Common’s portfolio. You will partner with key stakeholders across the organization to deliver high-quality and timely analysis for all transactions and help Common win new deals.
The ideal candidate has a strong technical background with at least 2-4 years of real estate analysis experience, exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills, and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment. This position can be located in New York or Los Angeles.
- Own all aspects of financial analysis, market research, and presentation for deals within Common’s extensive pipeline to help Common grow its portfolio
- Participate in calls and interactions with external partners to communicate Common’s unique value proposition and the operational nuances of specific deals
- Assist with negotiations of LOIs and Management Agreements, and update financial models to reflect evolving deal terms
- Identify new insights through data analysis to inform and drive development of new strategies that could improve Common’s business and profitability
- Constantly improve the underwriting model to make Common’s underwriting and business plans more effective and competitive
- Strong academic background, preferably in business, finance, real estate, economics, accounting, or related disciplines
- 2-4 years of real estate experience, preferably in multifamily, with a strong technical and analytical track record
- Comfortable working on multiple deals and projects at the same time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable communicating across multiple levels of our organization
- A resourceful team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
All candidates for roles in markets where either Common Living Inc. or the local jurisdiction mandates full vaccination against COVID-19 to work at our buildings must as a condition of employment provide proof of full vaccination with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine upon hire, subject to a reasonable accommodation being granted. For roles in all other markets, full vaccination against COVID-19 is preferred; for those not fully vaccinated in these markets weekly COVID-19 testing is required.
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.