Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for a Junior Graphic Designer reporting to our Creative Director, Digital who will be responsible for a variety of Common’s visual tasks, including social media graphics, signage, and anything that can be solved with a graphic editor.
- Create and maintain social media graphic templates, deliver them on time when needed
- Create and maintain signage templates, vinyl or otherwise, and deliver them on time when needed
- Maintain and follow brand guidelines for both social and print for all of Common's brands
- Other ad hoc projects from time to time
- Strong fundamental graphic design skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Sketch, and any other visual apps needed to complete the task
- Ability to follow/propose updates to the brand guidelines
- Ability to deliver tasks on time
- 1-2 years experience, preferably with a startup or D2C brand
- Proficiency in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- A deep understanding of typography
- An interest in the current brand marketing and social media landscape
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stake-holders both internal and external
- Experience with creating animated content
- Bonus: photography and video editing experience
- Bonus: HTML/CSS knowledge
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.