Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly across the country. We are looking for a personable and self-motivated critical thinker to join our team as our members’ main point of contact for questions related to their life at Common and to assist with maintaining compliance with the affordable housing program. If you join our team, you’ll play an invaluable role in setting the tone of every member’s experience in Common. Additionally, you will take the lead on the annual income recertification of members enrolled in the affordable housing program.
- Collaborate with compliance and operations teams to maintain regulatory compliance for the affordable housing program in place at the home;
- Generate, send, and manage all official notifications to members regarding recertification for the affordable housing program and general property notices;
- Schedule, conduct, and process all annual and interim recertifications, ensuring proper data/document collection and calculation of income, assets, rent levels, etc.;
- Maintain affordable resident files in accordance with company & regulatory agency policies;
- Assist the central compliance team with compiling and submitting affordable housing program compliance reports;
- Serve as the point of contact for members inquiries and responding to member inquiries in a timely manner
- Manage communications around member onboarding and off-boarding
- You have 3+ years of experience with affordable housing
- You feel comfortable dealing with multiple systems to manage your workflow
- You are able to navigate ambiguity and make data-informed decisions quickly
- You are able to anticipate and communicate issues before they become problems
- You are comfortable working cross-departmentally to get things done
- You have excellent verbal and written communication
- You are detail-oriented, organized and comfortable multi-tasking
- Accredited housing certification preferred: Low income Housing Tax Credit and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist or similar designations
- College degree strongly recommended or equivalent level of prior work experience.
- Proficient with Yardi, One-Site/Real Page, Entrata (or comparable property management system), and/or SalesForce.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.