Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
The Marketing Coordinator position will assist Common’s Marketing team in the implementation of all marketing strategies, working closely to increase brand awareness, drive sales, and ultimately generate new business leads. This is an entry level marketing position that offers exposure to multifaceted areas of digital marketing, along with immense opportunities for growth and high impact on the business. An ideal candidate is a quick learner, a coachable individual, and a hard-working go-getter. This role will report to the Growth Marketing Manager.
- Assist with daily operation of the Marketing department and streamline existing processes to ensure smooth and efficient workflows
- Liaise with account managers at external apartment rental sites and further expand partnerships with third-party listing sites
- Hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing logistics and execution such as lead generation and lead nurturing
- Coordinate content collateral and assets, as well as update them across third-party platforms
- Advertisement content management and quality assurance
- Assist in tracking and reporting the success of all ongoing marketing initiatives
- Support team by managing administrative tasks, as well as with ad hoc projects as assigned
- 1+ years of experience in marketing, growth, advertising, or relevant fields (internships included)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Curious and enthusiastic: comfortable approaching new tasks and able to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment, flexibly adapting to changing needs
- Strong prioritization skills, with the ability to manage various projects at once in an ever-changing environment
- High level of reliability, organization, and follow-through
- Good eye for design and photography
- Knowledge of general marketing industry concepts and most commonly used metrics (CPC bidding, CAC/CPA optimization, A/B testing, attribution modeling)
- Experience working with CRMs, various ESPs, and a certain level of HTML/CSS knowledge preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative skills and familiarity with web analytics and data visualization tools (i.e. Heap, Periscope)
- Interest in the real estate/co-living space
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.