Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is looking for a highly entrepreneurial Associate Director of Inside Sales with sales operations and project management experience. As a trusted brand and apartment operator, Common is uniquely positioned to disrupt the residential leasing experience to make renters’ lives better and increase our buildings’ financial performance. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a critical part of our sales funnel, Inside Sales team, driving process improvements and tech-first approaches to fuel our performance toward monthly goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead, build, train and manage a talented and motivated sales team
- Execute against sales and revenue goals
- Create scalable processes that will drive a centralized Inside Sales function driving innovation through systems and tooling to improve team performance
- Oversee execution of outsourced Inside Sales teams -- driving consistent and predictable performance
- Partner with our Engineering team to ideate and execute on tech-enabled processes to improve our top of the funnel experience
- Drive alignment between sales and core cross-functional teams including Marketing, Member Services, Product, Legal and Finance teams
- Other ad-hoc projects from time to time
- You have been in a sales management or sales operations role in a rapidly evolving, startup environment
- You have managed an organization of 10+ individuals and have 5+ years of relevant experience and management experience
- You have a proven track record of reaching and exceeding large sales revenue and P&L goals and aligning a team around key metrics
- You have built systems and processes that were flexible and scalable
- You are a leader that can balance the needs of the individuals on your team with organizational goals
- You have the ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Excellent cross functional communicator that understands the importance of getting alignment and building relationships with stakeholders
- Strong strategic thinking paired with attention to detail, the hustle to solve problems quickly, and a commitment to delivering results
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.