Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for a Human Resources Admin reporting to our HRIS + Compensation Manager who will assist in running the daily functions of the People Operations team. This role will focus on benefits administration, basic employee relations, policy interpretation, orientation interpretation and enhancing the employee experience.
- Assist our HRIS + Comp. Manager with the accurate processing of payroll, internal and external audits, payroll tracking, and system configuration updates.
- Act as a trusted resource for current and former employees on all payroll and benefits matters, including requests for employment verification, unemployment claims, FMLA, and other personal leaves of absence.
- Work closely with the Business Partner Team to ensure that communication and processes across offices remain consistent and seamless.
- Provide HRIS support, configuration, and maintenance, including running reports, audits, researching and resolving HRIS data issues as they arise.
- Run People Analytics Reporting on a quarterly cadence to assist with our Metrics Review
- Create and roll out company wide wellness initiatives
- Develop + communicate out company newsletter and announcements
- Be the point of contact for any employee time-off or timesheet questions
- Manage and track annual harassment training for all levels of the organization
- Assist with Benefits Enrollment Administration including Open Enrollment
- Partner with POps Business Partners on any Immigration matters
- Will be required to travel 25% of the time to onboard new employees
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- 1+ years experience in People Operations/Human Resources
- Previous experience with Ultipro/UKG a plus
- Strong analytical capability; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience working in a professional environment required
- Experience working with benefits preferred
- You’re highly organized, meticulous about detail and accuracy and get excited about process improvement
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain a high level of discretion
- Highly motivated with strong time management and organizational skills
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- BA / BS degree
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.