Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the role:
Common is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Product team. In this role reporting to the Director of Product, you will shape the product roadmap for our consumer products and deliver results that tangibly impact the business’s trajectory. You will collaborate closely with Design, Engineering, and stakeholders across the business (Operations, Marketing, Sales) to constantly iterate and improve upon our renter application experience , listing website, and our branded renter experience mobile apps. We are on a mission to build the frictionless and on-demand rental experience that every renter craves but has yet to experience.
What you’ll do:
- Translate Common’s vision for transforming the modern rental experience into an actionable, prioritized roadmaps for your products
- Lead scrum teams in maximizing business value while maintaining excellence in product design, development, and user experience
- Spearhead the Agile process for your scrum team, leading, sprint planning, retrospective meetings, standups and spec reviews
- Define and monitor feature metrics, using data to recommend improvements
- Roll-up your sleeves, writing-up product assessments, scopes, and post-mortems
- Build strong relationships with your partners who are Engineers, Designers, and Data Analysts
- Work closely with business stakeholders in scoping and prioritizing product work, communicating releases, measuring results, and iterating on our processes
- Communicate with clarity the strategy, progress, and success of your projects to stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience with evidence of increasing responsibility
- Prior product management experience delivering impactful, well-built products
- Bachelor’s degree, analytically oriented degrees preferred
- Exceptional quantitative skills, including strong Excel, dashboarding, and SQL experience
- Strong verbal AND written communication skills, attention to detail, and comfort presenting your ideas
- Empathy for customers and passionate about the user experience
- Bias for action, and a test and learn mentality
- Tech-savvy - comfortable in detailed conversations with developers, able to communicate complex technical issues to a wide range of audiences
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects
- A passion for platforms, the sharing economy, and/or on-demand services; Prior start-up experience is a plus