Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We’re looking for a hard-working, motivated individual to join our growing Finance Team! As an FP&A manager, you will play a key role in uncovering key insights and developing rigorous forecasting throughout the year. This position will work closely with key business partners to deliver meaningful financial analysis to senior management. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, high energy company.
- Develop the operating and financial plans required to achieve management’s long-term strategic goals
- Support the company headcount modeling and planning and serve as the key FP&A partner for operating and headcount analysis to senior leadership
- Manage and develop an FP&A analyst
- Play a key role in preparing, supporting and delivering the annual budget; work closely with key stakeholders to develop and refine budgets and forecasts
- Prepare and manage the monthly cash flow forecast to aid senior management in key decision making
- Lead monthly business reviews with department heads, provide insightful analysis on results and trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Perform analysis to identify and manage risks and opportunities
- Build reporting packages for operational stakeholders, customize financial models for business level performance tracking, as needed
- Ad hoc projects, including, but not limited to, process optimization, market research, and capital allocation
- BA/BS Degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, preferably including experience in real estate development or portfolio management
- Self-sufficient, highly analytical, and comfortable taking charge in a start-up environment
- Ability to deep dive into details, while at the same time summarize findings for executives
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills (PBCS/Essbase preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a “can do” attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy).