Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition Advisor, who will be a strategic influencer who sees the company as their customer, the hiring manager as their partner, and speed, quality, and diversity as their measure of success. This role will partner with hiring managers and executives across multiple divisions to advise and support the growth of our greatest strength, our people. As a Corporate Recruiter, you will be responsible for identifying sources of qualified talent by keeping on top of current talent-related market data and innovative sourcing best practices, screen talent effectively, and assist hiring managers regarding key skills or characteristics that matter most to selection. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and commitment to delivery against short & long-term recruiting goals.
- Assist managers with full-scope recruitment including sourcing, resume screening, scheduling interviews, soliciting feedback, managing candidates and coordinating offers for all of our roles
- Manage candidate flow through Greenhouse, our applicant tracking system
- Develop and create interview plans, and offer letters
- Serve as the primary point of contact for engaged candidates & hiring managers
- Create an incredible candidate experience through all stages of the recruitment process
- Identify talent via innovative sourcing methods for all of our field/corporate roles
- Work closely with department heads and other internal stakeholders to secure the talent needed
- Regularly communicate information such as candidate pipelines, recruiting funnel metrics, and performance data to internal stakeholders & other ad hoc projects from time to time and based on business needs
- 4+ years of full-lifecycle recruiting experience, ideally in a startup environment
- Previous experience sourcing for a highly distributed workforce
- Previous success partnering with hiring managers to find, engage and hire amazing talent
- Comfort handling a robust pipeline of candidates for field hires across multiple searches
- Experience with recruitment tools (LinkedIn, ATS, Boolean searches, etc.)
- Successful track record managing tight deadlines, multiple stakeholders, and high work volume
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.