Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Business Operations Analyst for a cross-functional role within our Real Estate Accounts Team and Common Studio, our in-house Design and Construction Team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented contributor with a desire to work in a fast paced startup environment. The position requires the candidate to perform a wide range of tasks involving data management, analysis, and research work. This is an opportunity for a go-getter and problem solver to join our world-class design studio and business during an exciting stage of growth. This role will have a meaningful impact on establishing our business, company processes, and the development of co-living as a new asset class. This role will report to the Sales Operations Lead.
- Managing the regular financial reporting activities, including team timesheets, project costs, milestone progress, and financial projections.
- Recurring processing of invoices, lien waivers, and other administrative tasks.
- Ownership and management of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) database for Common Studio.
- Keep and maintain records of Studio data across various platforms (Deltek Ajera, Salesforce, Netsuite, Google Sheets). Leading workflow design projects for cross-team bridging of various data platforms.
- Data analysis and reporting of business metrics, including financial, business development, and utilization.
- Building scalable reporting processes.
Real Estate Accounts
- Assist and provide administrative support to the RE Accounts team in achieving company goals and hitting sales goals
- Keep and maintain records in Salesforce to protect data integrity
- Setting up and maintaining salesforce (pulling reports, maintaining existing reports, adding removing/setting up fields)
- Pulling data requests (conversion, lead funnel)
- Prepare proposals, contracts and other templated sales collateral for distribution, and modify other materials as needed
- Organize and arrange sales meetings, travel, trade shows and conferences as required
- Scribe and distribute all internal meeting recaps
- Conduct research and prospecting as required
- Organize and manage market-level data on multifamily sector
Qualifications, Requirements and Great to Haves
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years in a professional environment
- Expert in Excel or Google Sheets, proficient in G Suite. Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, or Deltek Ajera is a plus.
- Basic understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Detail-oriented and comfortable supporting ideas with both qualitative and analytical reasoning
- Highly organized and able to multitask across a large number of projects with various deadlines
- Continuous learner who enjoys researching, testing, and implementing best practices
- Direct and proactive communicator and team player
- Ability to work autonomously to identify and solve problems, while knowing when to seek help
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.