Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking a Property Manager to manage our properties in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. As a key member of Common’s Property Services team, you’ll drive leasing and property services efforts with an eye toward the home’s budgets as well as member experience. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Property Services.
- Tour prospective members through our homes
- Oversee and coordinate all resident relations
- Aid in the management of property services and leasing teams
- Work with our centralized legal and billing team on delinquencies and evictions
- Assist our centralized finance team on end of month closing processes
- Work with the Member Support team to investigate and resolve member concerns and complaints
- Recommend pricing strategy to minimize vacancy and optimize revenue
- Assist in ensuring that all work orders and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion
- Drive local member experience through events and member delight efforts
- Walk properties daily (vacant apartments, common areas, amenities, and grounds)
- Assist in all emergency situations
- Assist central teams with all requested tasks
- Communicate performance to budget to building ownership
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- 4+ years property management experience
- Demonstrated success and experience managing a growing team
- Comfortable working with leases and property budgets
- Extreme level of empathy and ability to connect with people from all walks of life; ability to balance a passion for making people happy while setting expectations that will scale
- Previous sales experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle high volume and manage your own time
- Self-starter that’s comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and able to make smart decisions quickly using both data and strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give and receive constructive feedback
- Yardi experience preferred
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave and a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.