Common is the nation’s leading residential brand and operating platform that designs, leases, and manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design and tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, and traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology and real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the world’s rental housing crisis.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. With over 17,500 units signed and under development and over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, and learn about what it’s like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, and Twitter. To see more open roles and hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the role
We are looking for a solution-oriented, customer-focused leader to lead the Property Management team under our Noah brand. This individual will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of our properties, vendor and strategic partner relationship management, and developing the operational and brand strategy to manage a fast-growing portfolio of workforce housing buildings. Reporting to the VP of Operations, this is a critical leadership role at our company and will be a thought leader to support the rest of the organization.
- Manage a nation-wide team across our portfolio of workforce housing properties, with the goal of providing amazing customer service to our residents and real estate partners
- Drive brand strategy for Noah, Common’s workforce housing brand
- Manage relationships with building owners, contractors, vendors and strategic partners
- Ensure that all properties under the Noah brand are meeting budgeted performance
- Partner with Underwriting and Real Estate team to win new business under the Noah brand participating in pitches and providing strategic and underwriting input as needed
- Hire, support, and provide performance feedback to a diverse team including regional managers, maintenance technicians, community managers, porters, and building administrators
- Oversee renovations and ensure executional efficiency
- Full accountability and oversight for property services planning, staffing, budgeting, capital improvement priorities, and changes to methods and practices
- Continuously focused on improving efficiency, effectiveness and scalability
- Work with other operational leaders and the executive team to prioritize initiatives and contributes valuable insights that shape the longer-term direction of the company
- 10+ years experience in workforce housing property management
- Technical understanding of building systems and maintenance requirements
- Passion for building teams and relentlessly optimistic
- Project management skills to identify problems, scope solutions and take action on areas for improvement
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.